Protein Commodities Market Insights and Forecasting
Proteins are the animal-based proteins in a balanced human diet. It includes poultry, eggs, pork, beef, and dairy. This is a rapidly growing and changing part of the food supply chain.
Facts about the global proteins market:
- China produces and consumes nearly 50% of all pork globally.
- Poultry is the fastest growing sector, as the developed world increases consumption in favour of other proteins due to taste preferences and perceived health considerations.
- Growth in dairy in Indian is expected to be rapid, as economic development and cultural/religious considerations are expected to combine to increase dairy consumption significantly.
- Per capita beef consumption in the developed world has been dropping for the past 20 years due largely to health considerations.
- Feed costs (grains and protein meals) are a significant price driver of this category.
Protein Commodities Sectors
Who we help
Trading and Finance
Calculating risk, understanding long-term market movements and responding to volatile price changes are key to your success. Stay ahead of the market with the widest range of global price forecasts and supply & demand data available.
Procurement and Manufacturing
Your company relies on you to make timely purchases to ensure the best price while avoiding excess stock or shortfalls. Keep on top of changing market conditions with our forecasts, price and production outlooks and wider agribusiness trend analysis.
Policy and Regulation
You are relied upon to stay abreast of the latest news and developments in order to respond quickly to questions from internal stakeholders and communicate relevant and accurate information. Analysis from journalists in Brussels and Washington helps you navigate regulation.
Agribusiness Blogs and Research & Analysis
Follow IHS Markit Agribusiness
This year, global soybean production is projected to rebound with 8% growth. Will the increase in supplies weighing… https://t.co/o3JJLPMO4R