Food Commodities Market Insights and Forecasting
Commodity and food prices are increasingly influenced by geopolitical trade disputes and volatile weather patterns. Navigate uncertainty with current and future price discovery tools, and medium- or long-term supply and demand outlooks, to make informed decisions.
Facts about the global Food Commodities market:
- China, India, Brazil and the US dominate global food commodity production and export and import markets, across a variety of agricultural and food sectors.
- Over one million hectares are dedicated to crops production globally with the four largest in area being wheat, corn, rice, and soybeans.
- India replaced Brazil as the world’s largest producer of sugar in 2018/19.
- China produces and consumes nearly 50% of all pork globally.
- Turkey is the leading producer and exporter of hazelnuts, accounting for an estimated 80% of world supply.
Contact UsView global sales phone numbers
Food Commodities Sectors
Foods & Ingredients
Who we help
Trading and Finance
Calculating risk, understanding long-term market movements and responding to volatile price changes are key to your success. Stay ahead of the market with the widest range of global price forecasts and supply & demand data available.
Procurement and Manufacturing
Your company relies on you to make timely purchases to ensure the best price while avoiding excess stock or shortfalls. Keep on top of changing market conditions with our forecasts, price and production outlooks and wider agribusiness trend analysis.
Policy and Regulation
You are relied upon to stay abreast of the latest news and developments in order to respond quickly to questions from internal stakeholders and communicate relevant and accurate information. Analysis from journalists in Brussels and Washington helps you navigate regulation.
Agribusiness Blogs and Research & Analysis
Food Commodities Experts
Dr. Christoph Berg
Managing Director of F.O. Licht
Senior Cotton Analyst, IHS Markit
Sugar & Cocoa Analyst, IHS Markit
Senior Vice President, Head of Client Advisory & Development, Energy & Transportation, and Policy, IHS Markit
Deputy Editor, IHS Markit
Vice President, Livestock and Meat
Editor, IHS Markit
Specialist Reporter, IHS Markit
Commodity Market Analyst, IHS Markit
Senior Commodity Analyst, IHS Markit
Follow IHS Markit Agribusiness
One week left to the gathering of 19 industry experts at the International NGLs and Feedstocks 2021 Online Conferen… https://t.co/146VUtPH3U