Foods & Ingredients Market Insights and Forecasting
The processed food sector comprises trade of a variety of fruits and vegetables in frozen, canned, concentrate and dehydrated forms to ensure availability outside of market seasons for a huge range of food products, and nuts, spices and exotic ingredients are increasing in demand from changing consumer habits such as trends towards healthy eating.
Facts about the global Foods & Ingredients market
- Turkey is the leading producer and exporter of hazelnuts, accounting for an estimated 80% of world supply.
- Global trade of frozen fruit grew by 20% between 2014 and 2019 from just below 2 million tonnes to 2.5 million tonnes.
- The most expensive fruit juice is currently passionfruit concentrate, at around $7,000 per tonne.
- Vietnam and Brazil have gained substantial market share in the pepper market in last decade to become the largest exporters, leading current low prices due to huge carry-over stocks.
- Global demand for processed tomato product is flat, growing at less than 1% per year.
Contact UsView global sales phone numbers
Food and Ingredients Commodities Sectors
Canned Products & Tomato
Dried Fruit and Nuts
Fruit and Vegetables
Spices and Exotics
Who we help
Trading and Finance
Calculating risk, understanding long-term market movements and responding to volatile price changes are key to your success. Stay ahead of the market with the widest range of global price forecasts and supply & demand data available.
Procurement and Manufacturing
Your company relies on you to make timely purchases to ensure the best price while avoiding excess stock or shortfalls. Keep on top of changing market conditions with our forecasts, price and production outlooks and wider agribusiness trend analysis.
Policy and Regulation
You are relied upon to stay abreast of the latest news and developments in order to respond quickly to questions from internal stakeholders and communicate relevant and accurate information. Analysis from journalists in Brussels and Washington helps you navigate regulation.
Agribusiness Blogs and Research & Analysis
Follow IHS Markit Agribusiness
The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) plans this summer to propose a new rule to allow young chicken plants… https://t.co/t74tRBqP29
Future EU trade deals want to increase global environmental standards, risking economic turmoil for some countries… https://t.co/XQ6FBpPG28